After numerous crises, including financial and economic, resulting from the coronavirus pandemic, it seems that the niche of cars and their imports are regenerating and the market is heating up again.
Big brands are already betting on this possibility, Fiat, Hyundai, Nissan and Chevrolet are some examples, promising new models and many updates for this year 2022.
In addition to the launches, these and other brands also reappear with their restylings, which are established models returning with innovations to the Brazilian market.
Interested in knowing more about vehicle imports and which models are the most coveted at the moment? So keep reading this text and find out!
Models and news
This year the focus is on SUV cars and its sports line has been the darlings among the cars of 2022.
Among the most commented, the Toyota Corolla Cross, the Volkswagen Taos, the Nissan Kicks and the already known and widely seen on the streets, the Jeep Compass, were chosen.
Despite these being vehicles with a larger structure, compact cars are also highlighted in the list of the most desired. Because they have this format, their structure becomes less extensive, but it has divisions that make a difference when it comes to internal size.
We also talked about restyling earlier, but what categorizes this model as restyling?
This is a concept to let you know when the car undergoes an “update”, usually bringing some new detail or optimization to your items. This can interfere in several factors, for example, its number of banks, or its extension can change either increasing or decreasing.
These variations are usually made according to the manufacturers and explanations of their reasons come with the launch, but they usually involve market issues and consumer opinion.
The act of importing vehicles is not among the simplest, but there are some advantages in terms of values and especially the fact of being able to transport cars that are possibly not available in your country.
That’s why we’re here. Open Marketing has been operating in the foreign trade market for over 22 years. In addition, we work specifically with vehicle imports. So, before taking the risk, choose safety.
Most wanted cars of 2022 in Brazil
After defining how the import will be done, we can talk about the launches, their characteristics and the values for the most desired cars of the year 2022 in Brazil. Follow the list:
- Fiat Strada: let’s start with this being one of the most observed by Brazilians, although this model has already been launched in advance, it’s a good option for those who like a lot of space. Its update has a new security system to ensure greater care for those who drive and their passengers. As for consumption, this car has an advantage because it does 8.5 km per liter of gasoline, despite being flex. Its price averages R$74,790.
- Fiat 500 electric: this could not be left out, being considered one of the models of the new generation of 2022 cars, in addition to the detail of being electric, its bold design and its versatility attracts looks. It has 118 horsepower and can reach 100km/h in just 9 seconds. Its value can reach R$195 thousand.
- Toyota Corolla Cross: as we have already mentioned this model, now let’s get to the details. This vehicle promises to pose a threat to Volkswagen’s Taos and perhaps even surpass the affinity consumers have for the Jeep Compass. It is a hybrid, has a 1.8 Atkinson cycle engine and 101 horsepower, and with its integration of the CVT exchange, it has another 72 horsepower. Therefore, considered extremely potent! Its value can reach up to R$140 thousand.
- Jeep Compass: although already known, this model is in the process of restyling, where there will be changes both in the interior and mechanics. It will have a hybrid engine and a sum of 190 horsepower. As for the design, it will have a floating media center, change in LED headlights, grille and bumper. Its price will be in a variant that can reach up to R$135 thousand.
- Volkswagens Taos: this is another one we talked about earlier, the Taos is expected to take the lead among mid-sized SUVs. Its interior is considered the junction between the T-cross and the Jetta, comes with ambient lighting and a 10-inch media center. Its price is between R$130 thousand and R$150 thousand.
- New Citroën C3: This new release will be considered a new generation for the already popular C3. It was promised that its mechanics would be similar to the Argentine model 208, while the outside comes a mixture of the C5 Aircross and the European C4 Cactus. Its average value is R$65 thousand.
- Its average value is R$65 thousand. But the internal part like steering wheel, console and dashboard are now different, as well as its engine. Despite the changes in design and mechanics, its value has not changed much, with an average of R$75,000.
These were some that we chose to delve more deeply into, but there are still endless options for new features. And for anyone to be curious, see the list with the names and values of these models. See which cars are included in this list:
- Renault Capture: R$130 thousand;
- Fiat Pulse: R$98,990;
- Volkswagen Tarok: R$135 thousand;
- Ford Bronco Sport: R$185 thousand;
- BMW M3: R$600 thousand;
- Chevrolet Equinox: R$140 thousand;
- Ford Ranger Black: R$190 thousand;
- Ford Mustang Mach: E$400 mail;
- Fiat Toro: R$110 thousand;
- Hyundai Creta: R$80 thousand;
- Nissan Kicks: R$90 thousand;
- Toyota Yaris: R$75 thousand;
- Honda City Hatch: R$85 thousand;
- Nissan Frontier: R$180 thousand;
- Honda HR-V: R$142,500;
- Chevrolet Montana: R$77,980;
- Fiat Fastback: R$129,990.
Did you like this information? Contact Open Market and speak directly with an expert. We will help you and develop the best format for your import and export!
Since childhood we have idealized obtaining certain items, and one of them is having your own “dream car”. However, it’s not always easy when it comes time to finally own him, especially when there’s a possibility he might come from outside the country.
This is influenced by several reasons, sometimes the value ends up frightening, other times it is not even available in Brazil, but today we came to say that there are solutions! Your vehicle can be purchased abroad and come to you in Brazil.
Of course, turning a dream into reality wouldn’t be the simplest task, would it? And that’s why we separate tips and information of great importance to enjoy the advantages of this import process that foreign trade provides.
Continue reading this article and see the legal procedures and all its processes!
It all starts with a plan…
Before taking any action, the first tip that is valid to say is the financial analysis. This means that making cost estimates, verifying that the import and how much you will be willing to invest are considered the first step.
The acquisition of an imported vehicle has bureaucratic processes that are considered somewhat complex.
Due to the diverse aspects and the current legislation, doubts become frequent, but rest assured that after finishing this reading it will be possible to understand exactly what needs to be done.
Can anyone import cars?
We believe that this is the first question that arises when it comes to this topic, so we have already said that: it depends.
Individuals and legal entities can import vehicles, but it is necessary that they meet all mandatory issues and have all the required documents at hand.
Regarding mandatory questions, we have already mentioned that first you must be properly enabled in Radar.
There is also a differentiation for individuals and legal entities. The individual may import, however attentive to quantities, as this will determine whether it is considered a commercial practice or not, its importation must be unique and exclusive for consumption and own use.
For imports as a legal entity, know that it is necessary to link to your CNPJ a CNAE of related activity, which may have a main segment and other secondary ones, as long as they have a link.
What is needed to import vehicles?
To align all bureaucratic issues there are some bodies involved and each of them with their requirements in documents. We separate a list to facilitate the understanding of each item:
- DECEX (Department of Foreign Trade Operations), SECEX (Secretariat of Foreign Trade), the Ministry of Development and SECINT (Special Secretariat of Foreign Trade and International Affairs) are responsible for carrying out the analysis of your application and granting the Import (LI);
- SENATRAN (National Traffic Department): SENATRAN is the body that will issue the so-called Certificate of Adequacy to the National Traffic Legislation (CAT);
- IBAMA (Brazilian Institute for the Environment and Renewable Natural Resources): with IBAMA it is possible to issue the License for the Use of Vehicle or Engine Configuration (LCVM);
- RFB (Receita Federal do Brasil): the Secretariat of the Federal Revenue is the one who checks if the data in the Import Declaration (DI) are compatible with the goods, as well as checking the documents that were gathered and if they fit within the legislation.
There are also some cases considered particular, for which consents involving other bodies and regulatory agencies are also required:
- ComExe (Army Command): used to obtain consent in cases of importation of armored vehicles;
- ANVISA (National Health Surveillance Agency): this is required in case the vehicle is equipped with medical, dental and/or hospital articles and/or equipment;
- Mapa (Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply): for this agency, consent is only required in cases of importing tractors.
And closing the account, is it really worth it?
This is also a variable issue, depending more on who is importing. Knowing that the desired car is close to reach often causes impatience to arise and unlike buying directly from a store, importing takes an average of 60 to 90 days. But it might be worth the wait and pay less.
After that initial tip of financial organization, it’s time for import payments. This must be done in Brazil through the closing of exchange, being mandatory this format even if the buyer is abroad and finalizes the deal in person.
And here comes the question of the need for financial support, as it will be necessary to pay for the vehicle abroad and its expenses in Brazil, in order to nationalize it.
One of the things that most alienates those interested in importing and the importation itself is fear, due to the lack of information on the subject.
Questions such as the fact that individuals can also import vehicles, or even the fact that there can be significant savings are information not so easily found and not so obvious to consider.
With the amelioration of the pandemic and the return of economic activity, the import market heated up again, becoming a great tool to obtain desired items from other countries, which also opens a space for good negotiations. Therefore, the advantages do not always seem obvious.
In fact, another important tip is that the consumer has the proper judicial protection as an ally, thus guaranteeing the right to non-incidence of the IPI, which already favors the reduction of the tax burden and avoiding falling into possible scams.
Interested in knowing more about importing cars? Count on Open Market!
Open Market has been in the market for over 22 years, bringing smart solutions for foreign trade management and now also actively working in the sports vehicle import niche.
Contact us and talk directly to our experts. And to learn more about everything that involves the world of foreign trade, follow the blog and follow our social networks.